1 T chopped ginger
half cup chopped carrot
1 T olive oil plus 1 tsp sesame oil
1 cup uncooked barley
4 cups stock
1 cup chopped dandelion leaves
1 tsp crushed coriander seeds
(serves, i don’t know, maybe four?)
1. fry onion, ginger and if using, coriander in oil until onions are caramelized.
2. add barley, stir for a minute before adding stock. bring to a boil, and simmer for twenty minutes.
3. in a pan, fry dandelion leaves until wilted (they should take on a vibrant green colour).
4. add soy sauce to soup- i tend to be a bit generous with this so use it at your discretion… increments!
5. stir in dandelion and serve.
(dandelion is pretty bitter on its own, but incredibly delicious with salt or mirin added to it.)